Updated February 1, 2013
Your privacy is critically important to us. At jotdwn we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our services.
David F. Weiss and Daniel Bates (Co-Creators of jotdwn) operate jotdwn.com. It is jotdwn’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
- Website Visitors
- Like most website operators, jotdwn collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. jotdwn's purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how jotdwn’s visitors use its website. From time to time, jotdwn may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
- jotdwn also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. jotdwn does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
- Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
- Certain visitors to jotdwn’s website choose to interact with jotdwn in ways that require jotdwn to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that jotdwn gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. jotdwn does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
- Aggregated Statistics
- jotdwn may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its website. jotdwn may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, jotdwn does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
- Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
- jotdwn discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on jotdwn's behalf or to provide services available at jotdwn’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using jotdwn’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. jotdwn will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, jotdwn discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when jotdwn believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of jotdwn, third parties or the public at large.
- If you are a registered user of jotdwn’s website and have supplied your email address, jotdwn may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with jotdwn and our products. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. jotdwn takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Similar to cookies, a website can save data in a user's browser with localStorage. Unlike cookies, localStorage does not expire and lasts forever, unless explicitly cleared. The core functionality of jotdwn’s website is built on localStorage. This means that if your browser does not support localStorage or your browser's settings prevent localStorage from working properly, then you will not be able to use jotdwn’s website as intended. The data that is stored in localStorage while using jotdwn’s website, for example, a new contact's email address or Twitter username, will never be stored on our servers. However, the number of contacts a user has and the type of fields that were saved for each contact may be stored on our servers for analytical purposes.